Returning the Grand Hotel Britannia to its former glory
Opened in 1895 as the Grand Hotel Britannia, then the Europa and Regina, the St. Regis Venice is the epitome of 5-star luxury. Overlooking the Grand Canal, steps away from the Piazza San Marco, the project required renovating an area of 20,000 sqm with the goal of returning the classic Venetian hotel to its original splendor.
The number of rooms was reduced to allow for more lavish spaces. The hotel interior consisting of 129 rooms and 40 suites was meticulously refurbished with a modern, sophisticated Venetian touch. Renovation also included structural reinforcement of existing walls and floors, and reconfiguring plant installations. The building façades known as Palazzi, Tiepolo, Barozzi, Canova and Regina were also restored. The result is a new benchmark of refined luxury.
© Marriott International